Sonics’20 and 40 kHz e-Press ultrasonic plastics assembly systems feature a stepper motor drive with optical linear encoder that provides superior precision control with a weld depth tolerance of +/-0.0003 inches (0.008 millimeters).
Electric stepper motor with ball screw actuator assures repeatable welds to pre-set final weld requirements.
System is comprised of an e-Press, stepper controller and GX-series power supply best suited to your application(s).
Main features of e-Press
- Precision controlled weld depth tolerance of +/- 0.008 mm
- Electric stepper motor drive/optical encoder
- Programmable digital force, velocity, distance
- Two weld velocities for precise melt-down control
- Absolute and incremental distance modes
- Digital force triggering
- Calibration pulse prior to every weld cycle
- Automatic frequency tuning
- Soft start function
- Load regulation
- Multiple job storage